Sunday, 26 July 2009

I love Paris

I was so tired last night after work, I had a shower, crawled up on the sofa and fell asleep emmediately. Woke up in the middle of the night, dragged myself to the bathroom to brush my teeth and then "carried myself to bed", so to speak. And slept until very late this sunday morning. Now I´ve had breakfast, read the paper, made another pot of super-delicious coffee and decided to come and read through the blogs I follow.
I will only do a little work in the afternoon, a lot of planning that needs to be done, timetables deadlines things-to-do list-check. But it´s all part of the fun. Tomorrow is my day off, usually we try to make sure that all of us, my colleagues and I have at least two days off per week.
This is my little kitsch-corner in the kitchen, above the fridge. The smaller Eiffel tower is left-overs from a vintage souvenir musical-box I "rescued", it had both the Arc de Triomphe and the Eiffel tower as miniatures added to the lid. I detached both of them and left the Eiffel tower on the fridge and it soon became something that I smiled at every day . So I gave the musical-box a new look and eventually found a larger Eiffel-tower at the fleemarket for a euro, and stumbled upon the stamp by accident in my drawer where I keep materials for my creative work. I have now decided to collect the whole fridge-plateau full of similar souvenir Eiffel-towers to make a statement that I really, I mean really love Paris!

No comments: