Friday, 10 July 2009

Yet another mannequin





A mannequin project. I bought her in terrible condition, the fabric was mouldy and was literally falling apart. I stripped the fabric and wadding, mended holes and the broken neckpart, then cleaned the surface and let her dry. You can also have a peak inside the body.
I covered her in logos from the frontpages of old Le journal des Brodeuses (french broidery magazine) that I managed to hunt down a large pile of.
I´m very pleased with the outcome. I´ve had plenty offers from people who want to buy her, but she is not for sale.
I do take on commissions and prepare similar mannequins upon request.

3 comments:

sinnlighet said...

Åhhh, en sådan provdocka (eller vad det heter) vill jag så gärna ha. Dina bilder och Din blogg är en fröjd för ögat! Ha en trevlig helg och tack för kommentar på min!

Agneta

Temps perdu said...

Tack goa du. Kram!

mimi charmante said...

I love your mannequins!