Saturday, 28 November 2009
I have finally managed to complete my wallpaper-project. And above is proof. I also hang an old french window on the wall. In fact I really enjoy wallpapering. Put on some good music, sing along whilst working. Maybe I need to consider a change of career...hmmm...
I have been listening to a swedish singer Lisa Ekdahl, to her first record, that was relesed in the 90´s and the music brought me (once again!) back in time. To when I lived in Stockholm, when me and my husband where early lovebirds, and when he came to visit me. Such lovely fantastic romantic memories. This is one of her hits from that record.
Wishing you a lovely weekend!
Tuesday, 24 November 2009
I´m dreaming of the spring. Dreaming.
Sunday, 22 November 2009
We´ve celebrated our first anniversary at the café this week, Juanma performed and we drank champagne after closing, we sat among friends and looked back at a year filled with fantastic memories. And we also celebrated my colleague S´s birthday. On thursday we all went to see Pink Noise by A capella group Fork. And on friday we had the opening of my colleagues exhebition. And, the annual Kallio Kipinöi -festival kicked off with two performances at our café. A clown called Hannibal (from the RedNoseClub) visited the café for almost an hour! And we were all charmed and hope she will be back again soon! Later we had live-music with Tissit.
Today I have been painting walls in the livingroom. Green. One wall will be covered with Designers Guild wallpaper.
I feel quite tired now, well, it has been a hectic week. It´s time to enjoy a warm shower and then perhaps climb under the covers to read.
Thursday, 19 November 2009
Today was a very grey foggy day. Fairly warm. Met my dear friend T. He makes me feel so happy, happy that I know him. I am blessed with few very close friends. He is one of them. We also celebrated our friends birthday today and drank champagne. Ah!
Above is one of the scales I have in the kitchen, and the lace-curtain in the window. I have pinned a piece of lace to the windowframe.
Great song, Special star by Mango Groove, a south african band. I made one of my first choreographies to this song. Happy funny memories. This song is defenately not a night-time song, as it makes me want to dance!!!
Wednesday, 18 November 2009
I am very fond of shadows. I like to watch shadows in films, sometimes there´s shadows where there´s not supposed to be any, or the microphone shadow can be seen...
Above is a shadow of a dishbrush against the tiles in the kitchen. Amazing how sharp the brush is. The shadow of the lacecurtain from the window in the background. This I suppose is everydaylife at it´s best.
Monday, 16 November 2009
It was only about a year ago that I suddenly noticed that he no longer plays the guitar. I was so used to it, he played all the time (well not all the time!) it took some time for me to realize that the guitar is in it´s box and he hasn´t touched it for a long time. It made me sad. Made me think about how fast time flies, how every day life suddenly becomes routine and we forget what we enjoyed and wanted.
So, smart as I am (heh!) I bought a small cd player that I hang on the kitchen wall. So now my husband can listen to music in the kitchen when he cooks (he cooks daily) and he has also recently purchaised a few new cd´s. Then I got ourselves a guitarstand, so the guitar is no longer stored in a box, it´s right there with us in the living room. My smart plan has worked! My husband listens to music and he plays the guitar again! I couldn´t be happier!!!!
Saturday, 14 November 2009
Thursday, 12 November 2009
Today has been a very busy day. When I evetually got home, I lay on the sofa for a while listening to this beautiful song. It really worked, I relaxed and now I feel, well, content. It´s time to go to bed. Good night!
Monday, 9 November 2009
I have an old plate on the wall, it has a little butterfly in the middle. The plate I believe is heritage from my grandmother. I purchaised a lot of paper butterflies from The Porkchop Show on Etsy. And above is what I´ve done with the lot! Transformed the room into summer!
I´ve seen in a film in town. The city was empty and silent after the film. The air was cold.
Above is a painted bench outside the Ateneum artmuseum, there was a row of them. I liked them all, but there was something special about the hands.
It´s time to go to bed. Good night. Sweet dreams. Sleep with angels, as my friend H always says.
Saturday, 7 November 2009
Above is a bookend I purchaised at the Helsinki book fair. May I present you, Edith Södergran, Finnish-Swedish poetess.
Saturday, a very grey day here in Helsinki. Slept fairly late, had breakfast and climbed back under the covers and listened to Ottilie and decided to forget the greyness...
Now it´s time for a walk and then get ready for tonight, we´re performing at a 50th birthday party. And it´s quite fancy so I need to dress up;)
Wednesday, 4 November 2009
Today in the afternoon we had charming Ottilie performing at our cafe. Ah, I enjoyed it tremendesly. Did wonders to the soul on a dark fairly grey ordinary wednesday.
I received a parcel filled with treasures I had purchaised from dear Rebekah at Little byrd vintage. Or from her Etsy shop. She is so sweet, she has sent me a beautiful pair of fingerless mittens, thank you sooooo much. I really need fingerless mittens as it has become so cold. In fact, I´m wearing them right now as I speak, no write. It is nice, every time I wear them I will think of you Rebekah;)
Monday, 2 November 2009
I have been awarded the Honest Scrap Award from Fiona at Cafe Cartolina. Thank you Fiona!
Apparently I have to follow these rules:
1) Say thanks and give a link to the presenter of the award.
Thank you Fiona. I´m sooooo happy to have found you. Your blog is a treasure, a place where I find inspiration. I´ve honestly read all your posts!
2) Share 10 honest things about yourself.
1. I stopped eating meat when I was 7 yrs old, as I realized what it actually was. There was no drama about it and my parents accepted my choice. I still don´t eat meat, but that is because I´m not used to it, my husband cooks meat when I´m away. I eat fish.
2. I honestly think fishfingers are great. (It is slightly embarrassing to admit).
3. I cry easily. Sometimes it is a problem.
4. I used to smoke cigarettes. I stopped years and years aand years go. Often when I smoked people (often unknown people) used to comment and say "Do you smoke? You don´t look like a smoker."
5. My first love was a french boy called Jean-Luc. He was 14, I was 13. He had a scar on his cheek, close to his mouth. It moved up when he smiled. And he smiled a lot. We listened and sang along to this silly song.
6. I have a tattoo on my shoulder. I´d like to have it removed but it is a very costly operation, so I have my doubts. I had it done as an adventurous 16yrs old. I also had my nose pearced at that time;)
7. I have a lot of scars and broken bones. Some of them has to do with my previous profession. I have been on stage performing with bleeding broken fingers and broken toes. I was given local injections of painkillers and managed to perform almost without pain...
8. I love to climb. On people. On chairs. On sofas. On mountains. On ladders. On rooftops.
9. I don´t like to speak on the phone.
10. I am very easily fooled and I believe almost anything I´m told.
3. Present this award to seven others whos blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me.
1. Rebekah at Little Byrd. Simply, I consider her my friend. I find her lifestyle very inspiring, aswell as her blog.
2. Moa at Moa og kaffekoppen because she can see the very small details in life.
3. Kitty at Return to Bohemia because it is always such a pleasure to read her posts. She is a very talented writer. And her sense of humour. Ah bless!
4. Agneta at Wabi & Sabi. She has such a wonderful inspiring blog. And she is an inspiration as a person.
5. Riikka at Valkoista pellavaa. Such a talented and creative soul.
6. Vibeke at Erteblomsten. Such lovely ideas.
7. Mandarine. I love the images, the feeling.
4. Tell those seven they have been awarded and inform them of these guidelines in receiving.
Sunday, 1 November 2009
Then cykled home in beautiful sunshine. Now I´m listening to my husband playing the guitar and I´m brewing coffee. A good sunday.
Above a picture from last night, love the shadows on the walls. I have left the dry flowers in the vase, they look nice. Slightly sad somehow.