Sunday, 21 February 2010

How to completely overdo it


It all started with a tiny metal tower that hang loose on a musical box I picked up at a fleamarket. I gave the musical box a make-over and the metal tower just moved around, from drawer to top of fridge, back in a drawer again...until a few months later when I found a larger version in a container (that me and my friend Anna jumped into to search for treasures). The little tower had found a friend!
I soon found a sweet postcard from year 1912 and another from year 1915 and another...I also found a stereoview in my drawers from year 1900! Then I found this poster that looked like one of the postcards. Slowly I have found myself having this "thing" for these, in my opinion, fairly kitsch and tacky tourist items. Despite this fact, I decided to completely overdo it with Eiffel towers in the kitchen. And proof can be seen above. I have this vision of covering the cupboard door (just the one though!) with vintage postcards of the Eiffeltower.

4 comments:

littlebyrd said...

I love it! I love the look of a collection displayed all together - so nice visually.

CrowNology said...

I completely understand this...I look every time I go to thrift stores and flea markets...My friend has this problem too. Perhaps we can create a support group? Or perhaps name the affliction...
Eiffeliaitis?
;)
Andrea

linnea-maria said...

What a gorgeous blog you have! I put it in my favourite list and will visit you again :)
Love thet eifel collection.
Wishing you a wonderful day /linnea-maria

Kim said...

Once again, we have something in common...I have an Eiffel Tower collection in my kitchen window. I have a very tiny one too I should take a picture of. Thank you for visiting my blog. I am having such fun doing it and thinking of new and different things each night as I lay down to sleep.