Saturday, 6 February 2010

Knitting Demis Roussos





On thursday I met up with my dear fellow knitters at Aino´s home. We were like the knights of the round table, as we sat around a table, knitting and laughing as we had our own little entertainer. May I present, little Marja-Liisa. She is a tiny little Korat-kitten, very energetic and has that lovely ruthless attitude, that everyone and everything is there only for her. But in a very charming way. It must have been kitten-heaven, with plenty of thread to play with, plenty of hands to caress, and many laps to fall asleep in.
I´m still working on my granny-squares. It feels an endless task. But you see I have this vision or dream of a granny-square throw, that is large enough for two!

Last night I feel asleep giggling;)
We were trying to remember the name of a greek singer, a master of vibrato. All we came up with at first was that he used to sing in a band together with Vangelis. I said that I´m absolutely convinced there is a "chr"-sound in the name. After a while we both remembered, he´s called Demis Roussos. And there´s no "chr"-sound in sight in that name! So now a certain husband keeps whispering "chr" everytime he passes me, and throws me a very teasing assertive smile;)
Here´s a song by master of vibrato: Forever and ever. I´m not a fan of this kind of music, but it reminds me of something - I cannot put my finger on it, what it could be. It also makes me feel slightly melancholic.

2 comments:

sinnlighet said...

Gudars skymning vilken pastoralt skön feeling, komplett harmoni!

Agneta

Floss said...

Lovely kitten and, yes, I have moments like that when trying to remember names!

I followed the lace blog link in your last post and it is WONDERFUL! Thanks for letting us know.