Thursday, 4 February 2010

Knitting in bed

Tonight I´m meeting up with the knitting-café group. So much fun knitting (I´m still working on my crochet-project though) together for a few hrs, chat away and drink tea.

I´ve just sold my ironbed. I grew tired of it. Or to be precise, it wasn´t quite what I wanted. We used to have an antique ironbed. It was so beautiful, but, it was too narrow. Both me and my husband need space when we sleep so I decided to give it up! So instead I bought the Ikea ironbed, Tromsnes, but it wasn´t the same. I settled for second best. And the outcome was, of course, that I was reminded constantly that this was just a constitute.
So now I decided to get rid of the constitute and get a bed, that is only a bed, nothing fancy. Then maybe one day I will find the bed of my dreams.
And, as it turns out, I sold my bed to a person who has been on the look-out for Tromsnes for a while now. Ah, all is well. I am happy and the new bedowner is happy.

Above is my beautiful hen, one of a collection of quite many, that nest away in my kitchen;)

2 comments:

littlebyrd said...

What are you knitting right now? I am working on a cowl scarf :)

Floss said...

Love the hen - the French magazines seem to be full of them as they anticipate Easter!