Monday, 8 March 2010

Fleamarket in the archipelago

I´m in the archipelago for a few days. And today I spotted a fleamarket, walked in and made a few funny finds. I found a flower-stand, which is fairly heavy, but I´m certain I´ll be able to bring it back home. Somehow;)
Above are two (new) storm-lanterns, I simply loved the colours. The yellow is more custard coloured in real. And a funny little oil-painting from the 50´s. And some fruit to keep me going.
The internet connections aren´t all that reliable, so you´ll know why I´m absent.
I´m sitting and looking out over the sea, all covered with ice and snow. I have the window slightly open, the birds are twittering outside. That means spring!
Tonight I´m dining at a seafood-restaurant. I will defenatley have smoked fish, they serve it fresh here in the archipelago. It is heavenly! There is a a fish smokehouse nearby. And I´ll have some of that famous Åland-island bread, the bread shell is dark and slightly sweet.

5 comments:

sinnlighet said...

Åhh så skönt för Dig med lite skärgårdsliv, och loppisfynden är så sköna, speciellt vaniljlyktan!

LOL

Agneta

littlebyrd said...

Sounds like a great time!!! Have fun :) Cute finds.

Fiona Cartolina said...

I love that little painting - I'd like to see it up closer!
Great finds!

ilovemyhouse said...

Great that you're enjoying " life's best (free) things" as well. Isn't that what's it all about?xx

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

What great finds! I love the lanterns ~ how fun they would be to use outdoors in the late summer evenings!