Tuesday, 2 March 2010

Photographs


I simply love old photographs. The colours and details. I also like the backside, the beautiful writing, the fonts, the adresses.
I have a large antique photo album, larger than a brick, filled with beautiful photos of my relatives. I only know a few of the faces, and only know a few names. There is Alma-Emilia, Mimmi, Elsa, Sofie...
I decided to place some of the smaller beauties in a stand, instead of keeping them inside the album. There´s plenty of larger photographs, where people are standing in a setting, there´s a flower stand, a chair, railing and beautiful backgrounds.

5 comments:

littlebyrd said...

It is so cool looking! I love it :)

Floss said...

That's a wonderful way to display those stiff old photos. Modern ones wouldn't hold up so well, would they? I have scanned some of my mother's collection of photos, and really I should print some of those scans out and try a display something like yours.

Thanks for your very sweet comments on my blog. I suppose I do look a bit like a Jane Austin character, but sadly, I think I behave most like Emma, rather than one of the kinder ones!

Kim said...

Just found your blog. I have the same kinds of old photos just like you and an old album..and so many people are unnamed but I want to try to get every last one identified...so this is my goal! I'll return to your blog, again.

Vibeke said...

så fint! hvordan var seraphine filmen? har lyst til å se den...

varm klem

Don said...

Great way to display old photos!