Monday, 17 May 2010

Farewell



On saturday we attended my husband´s grandmothers funeral. She passed away 90yrs old. She was a lovely lady.
The funeral ceremony was beautiful. After the funeral all the guests, relatives and family gathered for a dinner and memorial service. We cried, we laughed, songs were sung and poems read.
We also attended the after-party, sat and talked with dear relatives we seldom meet. My husband has a lovely family and extended family. I´ve always felt welcomed, respected and loved.

Above is an old english muffin form, with a piece of origami I´ve made of old booksheets. The first image is a french image pieuse, 1ere communion dentelle.

4 comments:

Lorrie said...

Gathering together to remember a beloved grandmother honours her and is healing for the family. Blessings on you and yours today.

jamaica byles said...

My condolences.The first picture is really lovely.I love all the filigreed ornamentation.

gamla skolan said...

Åh ! Så skönt att begravningen trots allt blev så minnesvärd och en så fin hyllning till den gamla kvinnan ! Kramar Susanne ♥

Sweet Old Vintage said...

This post is very lovely.... I do have a butler and he is very loyal and just hangs in the litchen ...dining area... but doesn't work hard as the pay is not so great when you manage on social security but he seems happy here anyway.... Have a blessed week.