Saturday, 8 May 2010

Mermaid


We have a mermaid living in our bathroom;)
I found her in the trash some years ago, and guess if she was heavy? I wasn´t able to lift her out of the container! I had to climb inside the container to be able to rescue her. I´ve never thought of myself as weak, I can stand on my hands and carry my own weight! And I weigh far more than this mannequin! She was in an awful state, I think she must have had eye-lashes glued, because the paint was all gone from the eyelids and the paint on the head was also almost gone.
I painted the eyelids (with nailpolish!) and then covered the head with a vintage bathingcap, that unfortunately is slowly falling apart :(

The signs on the mirror are my wierd sence of humour. The first says "Varning för nakenbadare" (=beware/ or warning of nude bathers) and the second says "Dykning förbjuden" (= Diving prohibited). Seriously, I smile at the signs every day when I´ve had a shower and see myself naked in the mirror! Very cheap entertainment, they cost a few crowns at the Designtorget-shop in Stockholm.

4 comments:

Fransk inredning said...

Tack för titten! Ljuskronan med bilderna är tyvärr inte till salu /Susanne

Kenza said...

Je vous remercie pour votre visite ainsi que pour votre gentil commentaire!!
Je vous souhaite également un très bon week-end!
Très amicalement,
Kenza

The Nostalgia Fairy said...

I would love to have a mermaid living in my bathroom:)

Don said...

Good signs! Low cost/ high value.
And I like the mermaid too! A mermaid will appear on my blog tomorrow.