Friday, 20 August 2010

Blimey, nine pages!








In may a magazine came for a day to take photographs of our home and a few weeks later I went to a studio to exhibit some of my work and they also did the interview there.

Yesterday the magazine was published, and it is a nine page feature! I couldn´t believe it! And the amount of positive feedback I´ve received, wow, I feel so honoured.

Above are images from the magazine:
First image is my chest of drawers that I covered with antique fashion catalogue pages. There´s also a detailed guidance as how to make something similar. It´s my bum that is placed on top;)
Second image is bookcovers and a bookpage I made into a collage. There are also detailded guidance as how to make something similar yourself.

Third and fourth image are from our kitchen.

Last image is small details, larger pictures are from our dining area and cupboard doors in the bedroom with my grandmothers nightgown. The end of the text for that image reads: ...grandmothers nightgown lies now on a bed of roses. Ah, how romantic!

Kodin Kuvalehti is the magazine.

13 comments:

P.K said...

Congratulations, the photos look wonderful and full of inspiration.

ks said...

Nina, This is so fantastic! I wish I could get that magazine here. Maybe I can find it somewhere in NY. Thank you so much for your faithful reading of my blog. xo Love, Kitty

Sweet Old Vintage said...

I read your blog every time your post but like you I don't comment all the time... I would be on here all day but please be reassured I enjoy your blog very much and spend daily time here.

Elsa said...

Ja kuinka ollakaan, juuri yöpyödälläni on tuo KK, joten ihailen kotiasi ennen nukkumaan menoa. Onnittelut lehtijutusta!

t. Elsa

Vibeke said...

åååå, for et inspirerende hjem du har! bildene var virkelig fryd for øyet nina :)

grattis,
varm klem

piilomaja said...

Hauska kuulla! Saako kysyä kuka oli toimittaja?
Mua ja ystävääni jututti taannoin Ulla Ahvenniemi ja meillä oli ihan hirmu hauskaa. Hän oli tosi kiva.

Nina said...

Thank you once again so very much for your very kind comments.

Kitty, I´ll get back to you shortly.

Kati, toimittaja oli Elsa Savaloja, ja kuvaaja oli Kimmo Virtanen. Mulla oli huippuhauskaa kun olivat täällä meidän kotona, ja studiossa oli tunnelma katossa.

Genie said...

Nina, Nina, Nina!! You rock, mon amie! The photos are beautiful and you are so deserving to get nine pages.

Oh, and I like your comment about "famous bum" -- What talent and creativity you have.

Congratulations!

Agneta said...

cooooola speciella tjej, vill krypa in genom skärmen till ditt hem. var hittar jag tidningen? ser så himla speciellt & dejligt ut. den 20'e kommer det en tidning hem till mig och skall göra ett reportage!

lav

agneta

ETT RÖTT MONOGRAM said...

Grattis, så häftigt och se sitt hem i en tidning. Jättefina bilder. Ser en underbar madonna i din högerkant också.
Ha en fin söndag
Kramar
AnnaMaria

Nina said...

Thank you soooooo much dear friends, you make my heart grow huuuuge and I wish I could kiss and hug you all.
I´m sending you virtual kisses and hugs.

Paula said...

Congratulations on a lovely feature -your house looks great!

Henrietta said...

Toivottavasti töissä on viellä tallella KK kun palaan sinne,olis kiva lukea juttu.