Monday, 2 August 2010

Cheeky monkey



Yesterday I spent all day at my friends house. She has converted an old shop into a home, fantastic outcome. Well, she is a professional. She has even hunted down a vintage stove. She also has a lovely garden. We sat there in the sun, drinking coffee, eating small pies and small bebe-pastries (they are filled with soft flavoured cream) and talked and talked. Whilst day became afternoon, suddenly it had become evening and surprise surprise, evening turned into late evening;)
Most of the time I sat with a dog in my lap. What a sweet little creature. What makes this detail worth mentioning is that this dog is by no means a tiny creature.

Above is my cheeky monkey. I purchaised the pendant on Etsy a while ago and I made a "chain" out of a piece of fabric. I added a proper jewellery lock at the back. I get quite a lot of comments on it, up til now they have all been positive, it seems to me that it is fairly unusual to wear cheeky monkeys around your neck;)

3 comments:

shari @ little blue deer said...

Love the monkey! It is darling, how clever to put it on the fabric cording, I bet you do get lots of comments! XO!

Kaylovesvintage said...

your day sounds wonderful

Don said...

You have a delightfully cheeky monkey! And style!