Friday, 6 August 2010

I do. I do. I do.


Ok, I´ve had this chest of drawers for ever (almost). It´s a common piece of furniture, can easily be found in almost any garage...and probabaly in any place where they sell things that nobody really wants...
I like it. It does its job. And it does it well. It´s perfect size. It´s solid wood, has a nice patina. But it´s so boooooring. I can´t justify buying an antique piece. Just because. Well, I suppose I´m old enough to buy anything if I really wanted it. But that´s not the point. The point is, I really wanted to give it a chance. I think that is fair, especially since we´ve come a long way together.

Dear friends, we have renewed our vows (so to speak).

I bought some brass labelholders, cut a few french vocabulary cards to fit, and Voilá, I have an upgraded chest of drawers. I chose some funny words, to make everyday life a bit more fun.

Join in our celebration by listening to this.




4 comments:

Henrietta said...

Minä pidin siitä kyllä ennestäänkin mutta nyt se on todella hieno.Hienosti keksitty pikku lisä.Kenen varastoista tälläisiä löytyy...otan heti vastaa jos jollekin ei kelpaa:)

fancylinda said...

I love that idea! I have a similar piece of furniture. I will look for some labels for it.

Don said...

I liked it to begin with and you made it better! You did. You did. You did.

Nina said...

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.