Thursday, 19 August 2010

Madame



I´ll tell you about anohter neighbour I have. She always wears the colour lilac. She has a black&white cat. It has a funny name. I can´t seem to remember the name though;) She first seems very shy but has really warmed up to me somehow. As soon as she sees me she waves her arms up in the air, and emmediately she tells me what crafts she is trying to conquer. This time. I´ve got this illusion of her as one of these people who are very, very, very interested. In whatever craft they have set their mind to. As long as it all goes smoothly. But as soon as a problem occurs, or it just doesn´t seem to be all that fun anymore, they loose interest completely, their selfasteem dissapears and they start doing somethinhg else.
She has so many crafts unfinished, she has lost count...

Brings to mind an exhebition I heard of, of unfinished crafts. We all have them. My lilac neighbour has plenty, some have more and some of us have a little less.

I decided (some years ago), to not purchaise any more yarn until I had finished all the unfinished knitting-projects...I did! Finish all unfinished knitting-projects. I do prefer to finish things. Or make a decision that this project will never be done. For any reason. Yes, I do like completed, finished, over and done with...
Did this turn into a lecture? I´m sorry!


I have always loved the shape of these old dressforms. Especially this busty Madame, she has such a craaaaazy thin waist - no wonder they fainted! She is from France. She rules in our livingroom. One must always remember to behave and be polite when she is around. And remember to finish things...

4 comments:

Genie said...

I love the busty Madame and that she "rules" the living room! I had "the gold lady" who was part of a movie set in our guest bedroom right in front of the window. People in the neighborhood always wanted to know "who she was." Funny!

Lovely photo!

shari @ little blue deer said...

I love Madame! What show had that puppet named Madam? That's what this reminds me of! It must be fabulous to live in your lively 'hood! XX!

Jenni said...

I need a funky pink Madame to rule our living room as well!! Gorgeous!

Nina said...

Thnak you, she most certainly has character. I love it in humans and in dummies!