Thursday, 7 October 2010

Colours



Autumn is in bloom here in Helsinki. The trees are so colourful, the contrasts are sharp. I love autumn. Especially when it doesn´t rain;)

I´m trying to think visually about my new home. Unfortunately I haven´t found the apartment yet, but I try to think that it will be a light apartment and what things and colours I want to take with me.
I´m known to love colours in my home and I´m thinking white! Right now I´m very much for cream and lace and...I´m stunned! Blimey! So I´m quite excited and curious about what the outcome evetually will be. I´m going to be open for all my ideas and see what comes of that.

Last night I saw a fantastic play at the Takomo theatre called Amerikka. I do recommend this play. Makes you think. And it is so well made, the presence, the energy, the acting, the text, the visualisation, I was impressed!

Tonight I´m meeting up with my knitting-group. It does exist!!! Unfortunately we´re only going to be a few participants tonight, but I try to take pics this time. I heard a rumour there will be truffels...oh dear!

Above is one of many ex voto hearts I have managed to collect over the years. Leaning against lace pinned in an embrodery loop.

4 comments:

ilovemyhouse said...

Thanks Nina.
ilove the heart and am looking forward of pics of your knitting club!
Enjoy your evening

XX

Henrietta said...

Anteeksi mutta en ymmärrä/tiedä minä on voto.Anyway aivan ihana voto sydän on.Mihin sitä on käytetty vai onko joku koriste ollut jossain esineessä.Tuollaiset aarteet on parhaita:)

Nina said...

Thank you!

Henrietta: Ex voto on votiivi. Näitä löytyy katolisista maista usein., ne liitetään joskus ikoneihin tai ripustetaan huoneeseen tuomaan siunaus. Nämä olivat yleisiä lahjoina.
Tässä linkki wikipedian sivulle jossa kerrotaan hiukan lisää:
http://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Votiivi

Vanessa said...

I'm sure wherever you end up, you'll make the place your own and really lovely with all your creativeness. I only have my current apartment for the next 2 years and am trying to enjoy the time here while it lasts. Colours and textures with the feel of home. Am looking forward to news of the knitting group. Have a lovely weekend!