Wednesday, 22 December 2010

Gone away from me



I have listened to Ray LaMontage´s song Gone away from me.

For a while I sat there staring at her photograph
For a while I cried and tried not to make a scene
There was a time when we were young
I used to make her laugh
But life is long, my love has gone away from me

Gone away from me
Gone away from me
Life is long, my love has gone away from me
Gone away from me
Gone away from me
Life is long, my love has gone away from me

Lately I can't seem to find myself no sleep at all
Lately I just lie awake and hear and dream
Of the time when she was mine
Felt like I had it all
But life is long, my love has gone away from me

Gone away from me
Gone away from me
Life is long, my love has gone away from me
Gone away from me
Gone away from me
Life is long, my love has gone away from me

Yesterday is gone
Yesterday is dead
Get it through your head and walk away
Yesterday is gone
Ain't no use hanging on to her memory
It only causes you pain

For a while I sat there staring at her photograph
For a while I cried and tried not to make a scene
There was a time when we were young
I used to make her laugh
But life is long, my love has gone away from me

Gone away from me
Gone away from me
Life is long, my love has gone away from me
Gone away from me
Gone away from me
Life is long, my love has gone away from me

Here´s a link if you want to listen with me.
I have to accept it does take time. I was surprised how my tears just appeared out of nowhere when I heard this song. I haven´t listened to Ray in a while. So then I just played it over and over, thought that ok, if there´s tears not cried over him then let them come.

Above is a french image pieuse dentelle I should frame...but for the moment I think this is a perfect place to keep a holy card.

5 comments:

Lorrie said...

Tears are healing. Let them come. And find joy in the healing process. Thinking of you.

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

Thinking of you, dear Nina.

Bises,
G

Henrietta said...

Ou darling....täältä tulee lämmin iso puristus, koetahan jaksaa mutta jos itkettää itke se tekee hyvää vaan.

Elizabeth Rimmer said...

I have been thinking of you during this rough year. I hope Christmas brings you peace and the new year brings you joy.

renilde said...

Dear nina, Lorrie is right, tears are healing. You will go on and leave it behind but it need some time and that's only natural.
They say when you have loved, you have lived. It's a beautiful thing to be able to love. Yes it makes us vulnerable too but what would life be without..
Take care x Renilde