Wednesday, 26 January 2011

Lentils



I enjoy cooking. Yesterday I made lentil-sauce with rice. If you want to try it, here is my recipe:

- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves of garlic (sliced)
- 2 spoons of fresh ginger (chopped)
- 1 spoon dried coriander
- 2 spoons of tomatopuré
- 2 spoons of green curry paste
- 2 dl. water
- 3 dl. red lentils (I´m the type that soakes all lentils in water, even though it is not necessary to soak red lentils. I soaked mine for about 2hrs)
- 2-3 dried lime leaves
- 2 dl coconutmilk
- fresh coriander
- optional: vegetablestock
- rise

Fry chopped onion, sliced garliced, fresh ginger and dried coriander in vegetable oil until the onions are soft.
Add tomatopuré and currypaste, red lentils and water and let boil for at least 10 minutes, you can add vegetablestock if you wish.
Add coconutmilk and limeleaves, add a little salt if you feel it needs it, let it simmer for 5 minutes and once that is done, add chopped fresh coriander and serve with rise. Before serving it is good to remove the limeleaves.

Enjoy!

Above are two Marimekko glassbowls in my kitchen, I really enjoy the colour. BTW, I´m not sponsored by them even though I might easily give that impression, since it´s the second time this years that I add a link to their site;)

3 comments:

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

Some of my favorite recipes have come from around the world and I will try this one, Nina. I love lentils and make a hot soup of them in the cold months.

Bises,
G

Ann said...

This sure sounds tasty! Some of the ingredients are unusual- I've never used lime leaves before.

Perfect with some crusty bread!

akissfromthepast said...

Hey!
wow. you have great blog! i just founded this one through my friends advice! i think i will become reader ;)