Thursday, 24 February 2011

Blurry strangers


I´ve always been fascinated by old photographs, I´ve spent lots of time looking through old photoalbums at fleamarkets and antiqueshops - been quite tempted to buy one...the image above is from a fascinating shop filled with ephemera in Liverpool. It´s tiny. I bought it for a pound. The photo is blurry. I wonder who this is. Did perhaps his lover place his picture in this pretty passepartout. Did someone miss him when looking at the picture, remembering his smile, the colour of his eyes?

I found this. I was so fascinated I googled even more images. Makes my imagination go wild! Why were these people arrested? I´d love to have some of these images on my wall. The one with the male back and the long skirt, was he arrested for wearing a skirt? And May Russell. Standing there with her purse. And look at the details on her jacket below the pockets. What did she do? Or Fay Watson. With the beautiful flower on her dress. I just cannot stop looking at the details.

7 comments:

Floss said...

I love your guy (he reminds me a bit of my 'pick a relative' photo which I blogged about years ago) and the criminal photos are quite incredible! I bet he WAS arrested for wearing a skirt... And those four cheeky chaps look so relaxed and happy under arrest. Thanks for the link.

I'm glad my spring flowers cheered you. I admit that when I see the Antipodean photos of spring when we have autumn, I just feel jealous...

fancylinda said...

Those are such interesting photos. Makes me wonder about them too...

Henrietta said...

Mä kans tykkään vanhoista kuvista kovasti. Olen anopilta kinunnu sen kuvia edes joitakin kappaleita kun hän ei tiedä mitä niillä tehdä ja makaavat vaan pahvilaatikossa. Ne on oikeita sukulaisia ziljoonan vuoden takaa. Mä veisin ne kehystettäväksi ja laittaisin seinälle. Kolme isompaa ehkä A4 kuvaa on seinällä hienoissa kehyksissä. Ne on ikiaikaisia koulukuvia jumppasalissa. Ne on todella hienoja niiden ihmisten vermeet ja ympäristö.

Don said...

It's an open ended mystery. I like it too.

Pia said...

Ohoh, så vackra kriminella typer?!

Jag har också stått och grubblat över gamla foton. Bara t.ex hur gamla de är på fotot. FOlk såg ju rysligt gamla ut redan vid 30 års åldern.

Hoppas du får en fin helg!

Kramis!
-Pia-

Alma said...

I feel the same!

hlíf said...

Gamla foton är så himla vackra och inspirerande.

Jag gillar dom här mycket: http://www.disfarmer.com/