Saturday, 26 March 2011

Cavalieri e l'amore per basilico


I bought a large basil today. The scent is heavenly. I´ve said it before and I´ll say it again: the scent of basil makes your selfasteem grow. Apparently. So watch out my dears, I might get arrogant if I continue inhaling...or at least you know the reason for my sudden arrogance;)

I also found a little collection of postcards of Lina Cavalieri. She was an italian operasinger, famous for her great beauty it says on Wikipedia. I don´t know, but it has a certain negative cling to it, to be famous for your beauty if you are an operasinger, hmmm...if I was an operasinger I would prefer to be famous for my voice or my interpretation, hmmm...
I have been thinking about fame, ther´s an ongoing trend that some people just want to become famous. It doesn´t matter how. They don´t have any other ambition in life, but to become famous and with very little effort. I read a comment on a friends status on facebook the other day, it was mainly about how spelling has changed (there´s a lot of x-endings in finnish that teenagers use which can be rather funny and also annoying for us grown ups) and she wrote how one of her students (she is a teacher) had written her future ambitions to become an actress (näyttelijäx), singer (laulajax), dancer( tanssijax) or celebrity (julkkiksex).
Although I have to say I find Lina Cavalieri very beautiful. So maybe it´s simply jealousy taking form in what I´ve written above;) I do love postcards that have handwritten messages on the images though <3

Beautiful sunny day here in Helsinki today. I have been listening to Max Bruch's Violin Concerto No 1 in G minor. I do love opus 26, Adadgio. Here is lovely version on Youtube. I do enjoy the whole conserto.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

6 comments:

akissfromthepast said...

Great postcards!!! :) she's very beautiful. :) very good found!!! :D

Don said...

I think you are famous for your beautiful posts.

Pass me some basil. :)

P.K said...

Basil has a heavenly scent, it puts me in a good mood. The postcards are lovely, a great collection. A good weekend to you.

madeleine said...

Really beautiful postcards, what a great find, I love the writing on them. Well, it's not her fault she had beauty and talent, some people get given quite a package.

Dame Pivoine said...

J'en suis fan aussi...

Elizabeth Rimmer said...

Basil was known in Greece as the 'herb of kings' - so other people must have found the same effect! I love the smell too.