Monday, 21 March 2011

Force majeur



Today I woke up crying:(
I could not shred that feeling so I decided to cancel all that I had planned for today, climbed back under the covers and slept for hours! It was a force majeur situation.
I had a few appointments I could not cancel so took care of them in the afternoon, then took myself out for a cup of coffee and a large brownie, strolled streets and bought myself a cd. By finnish artist Johanna Iivanainen. I´ve only heard one song from the album, called Pitkä dejavu (transl. long dejavu) and I´ve felt a longing for that song, even though I´ve only heard it twice! I´m not terribly familiar with the singer either.
So, tonight I lit candles and listen to my new cd and relax. Tomorrow is a new day.

7 comments:

akissfromthepast said...

huge HUG! i hope tomorrow is better day!

swedishouse said...

Hej Nina
I know exactly where you are coming from and sometimes you just have to go with it...
My Nan always used to say to me it's good to have a cry...better out than in.
Music is wonderfully soothing and healing for the soul...I've been listening to soulful songs all week...and crying my heart out too.
Happy 1st day of Spring for yesterday...officially
Roll on Spring & S-U-M-M-E-R
LOVE PEACE enJOY your music
Julie
x

Floss said...

Sounds like you handled a grotty day in the best possible way. You have rested and recovered but also 'ticked a few boxes' of getting things done - that always helps me to face the next day. Thinking of you,

love

Floss

Henrietta said...

Voi kulta

kiki said...

ooohhh, i'm sad to hear that. I hope that you are okay and the week will improve for you. Hugs from California.

Elizabeth Rimmer said...

In Scotland we call those days a 'gowk (cuckoo) storm'- just before spring really gets going. And there's a fourteenth century mystic who says 'storms always happen before the coming of miracles'. I hope it will be true foryou too.

Andrea~CrowNology~ said...

{hugs}
I am glad you treated yourself kindly Nina.
Hoping today is much better for you...
XO