Thursday, 24 March 2011

Katla



When moving one finds both lovely and not so lovely things that one has saved for a reason or other...and with one I refer to myself;)
Well, I found this old painting. I can remember the exact moment when I´ve painted it, but cannot for the life of me remember if I was seven or eight or nine years old. It´s not important. But what is important that I haven´t managed to throw it away over the years...I´m quite happy I still have it.
It is of Katla, a dragon that tyrant Tengil keeps in a cave in Karmanjaka. In the fantastic story called Bröderna Lejonhjärta/ Brothers Lionheart by swedish author Astrid Lindgren. A story I know by heart, I have read and lived it over and over so many times I´ve lost count. I still have my childhood copy of the book. I´ve seen the film many times and I also have an LP of the film. Yes my dears, I am that generation who had LP's of films;) I still have it!!!! I have LP's of other films based on stories by Astrid Lindgren, I have Pippi Långstrump (Longstocking), Emil i Lönneberga, Madicken...
I would like to have an audiobook read by Astrid Lindgren. She had the most gentle voice when she read her stories. In fact I think I might aswell treat myself to an audiobook of Bröderna Lejonhjärta once I have moved - as a housewarming gift to myself;)
I can just imagine myself, lying in my ironbed in the evening, wearing headphones and listening to Astrid read and the soft breeze from the open window plays with my bare toes and I feel sooooo happy and content...

5 comments:

www.kunsthafen.blogspot.com said...

Ich mag Kinderzeichnungen! Die sind so Erlich und Unbefangen...Vielleicht sollten wir für immer Kinder bleiben! :)

Don said...

I like the way you imagine.

Andrea~CrowNology~ said...

...Love this...
xo Nina.

Ann said...

I would treasure your painting. Glad you saved it!

P.K said...

It is so special to have a painting from your childhood.
Listening to stories is a wonderful way to be taken on an imaginary journey.