Wednesday, 2 March 2011

Orchids and Great Tits



Yesterday I started renovation on my little nest.
I was greeted by my new neighbours as I entered the house. I cannot believe how warm and generous they all were. Especially my next door neighbour. She has over 40 orchids, she showed some of them to me and let me snif and experience their heavenly scent. Some of her orchids are on the upper landing of our stairs...and one of them descends from an orchid from the 30´s!!!

Above is an image of my window. All day I listened to the birds twitter outside and when I had my breakes I opened the middle window and watched the Great Tits do their thing and it felt as if they were there to greet me too. You do know I have a thing for Great Tits. There´s something about that little charming common bird that I find irresistable.

Oh lucky me!

2 comments:

swedishouse said...

Hej Nina

Oh Lucky You!
Love the photo of your window to the outside...
Sounds wonderful your nest
Here's wishing that HEALTH,WEALTH 7HAPPINESS walked through the door with you.
LOVE PEACE enJOY enJOY enJOY!
Kram
Julie
x

Henrietta said...

Oli varmasti upea orkideakokoelma. Miten voi polveutua 30 luvulta,kuulostaa ihan uskomattomalta. Nieleskelin hieman kun näin blogissani sun otsikon että jaaha mitäs se neito nyt runoilee, orkideoita ja upeita tissejä:)
Taitaa viitata enemmän tintteihin vaikka kai ne maitorauhasetkin ihan kauniita on.