Friday, 18 March 2011

Renovation still underway



The apartment is slowly taking shape.
I now have a light in my toilet! And kitchen cupboards. Only one wall is still missing wallpaper. I keep putting it off as it´s a wall that has corners and nooks and doorways and...meaning a lot of shaping and cutting and it is not the most fun part in wallpapering.
Today I also had the final inspection of the plumbing and electricity work that has been done and they were approved by the housing company. Hooray!
I also have a new mattress for my ironbed (seen above). I lay down for a moment during the day and I almost fell asleep - so comfy was my new bed!

Wishing you a lovely weekend.

Please do not consider me ignorant for not mentioning Japan during this week. I have no words to express my sadness and worry.

6 comments:

swedishouse said...

Hej Nina

LOVELY White iron bed and I LOVE the wallpaper...

We live in sad & changing times
I can't bear to watch any news footage, it is too overwhelming...
LOVE PEACE enJOY your renovating
Julie
x

Floss said...

The house is looking lovely! I felt the same about the Japan situation but I have found a wordless way to express support and help today - you can find it on my blog now if you're interested.

Henrietta said...

Otappa viikonloppuna ihanat päikkärit uudessa pedissä ja relaa pari tuntia rempan keskellä, laita elämä risaiseksi:)
Ei se Japania auta vaikka kuinka paasattaisi täällä ja turuilla. Karmee homma jolle emme ikävä kyllä voi tehdä mitään, niinhän se vaan on, elämä jatkuu täällä ja siellä yrittävät parhaansa.

akissfromthepast said...

I like the wallpaper!!! :D its great!! and the iron bed! Wow! zemppii remppaan :D

Satu said...

Kuulostaa ihanalta sun remonttipuuhailut. Suloista viikonloppua!

Andrea~CrowNology~ said...

Nina...
I don't think one could consider you ignorant or unconcerned...It is obvious you are a caring individual from your words...
There is so little to say...It hurts.
I am so happy your personal space is coming along. The bed sounds {looks} lovely. I hope you have many sweet dreams.
xo