Tuesday, 10 May 2011

I have never felt like a birchtree



It is a beautiful sunny summerday. Birds and insects are busy, the nature is about to blossom.
I love how we use nature as metaphor. Shall I compare thee to a summer's day is perhaps the most common...

I once saw an interview with Vishnu Khare who had translated the Finnish national epic Kalevala to hindi (!).
The interviewer was in my opinion not all that professional as she often interrupted him with rather banal comments like "I´ve always felt like a birchtree..."...and it had no relevance to what Mr. Khare had said. In fact I could not watch the whole interview...

I have never felt like a birchtree. I wonder what it feels like.

Above we have a bride from amongst my vast collection of old photographs. I know she is somehow distantly related to me. She married in New York. That is unfortuantely all I know. And the ones that would know are no longer with us.

5 comments:

P.K said...

I don't think I ever felt like a birch tree come to think of it. I am wondering what it means? Lovely photo of the bride.

akissfromthepast said...

old photogrphs are some way very intresting in so meny levels.. even those old really old ones, that know one knows anymore (even if its someone whos someway related to family. Beautiful pic.
have a great sunny evening!

Don said...

I have asked the birch trees in my backyard what she feels like. She said she feels like an interviewer.

Don said...

I have more than one birch tree in my backyard but I only talked to one of them.

piilomaja said...

Mahtaisi se olla puiseva olo!