Sunday, 1 May 2011

Someone was just as lonely as me



This is my neighbours orchid that descends from the 40's (I may have incorrectly said it descended from the 30's!). It is of rare sort I believe and the name of this flowering beauty is Bifrenaria harrisoniae. It has a very beautiful scent.
And pictured are also the hands of a fine violinist.

When moving you both loose things and find things (I have for ex. no idea where my old postalscale is...) I have a vast collection of LP's and cd's. I have had such fun listening to dear oldies, yesterday I walked the memorylane with Mary Margaret O'Hara. Her album Miss America was something very special in my youth. I have also fallen for the soundttrack Apartment hunting, a film I haven´t seen but know the music by heart.
Here is a lovely song (from the soundtrack) called I don´t care. I could fall to pieces when she sings "someone was just as lonely as me"...
I do not feel lonely, except maybe sometimes I think or wonder if I will feel lonely in the future. Silly and unnecessary anticipation I know...

Today is the 1st of may. Enjoy! I shall attend a few picnic's today. I hope the weather will warm up a bit, the sun is out but it´s freezing and windy! I thought I was going to blow away when I enjoyed my morning coffee on the stairs.

5 comments:

Elsa said...

Ihanaista toukokuuta!

Kenza said...

Bonjour Nina,
Je te remercie de ta visite et de ton gentil commentaire.
Bravo pour ton magnifique blog et joyeux premier mai!
Amicalement,
Kenza

akissfromthepast said...

Tuo orkidea on upea!! en ole tuota lajia nähnytkään jotenkin näyttää tosi erikoiselta.. vaikka orkideoita on tullut itsekkin harrastettua. upea kukka. ja taustalla on kaunis taulu. Upeaa toukokuun alkua sinulle!!

P.K said...

That is a very interesting orchid. Happy May!

Alma said...

No no no, you're not alone!