Sunday, 26 June 2011

Betrayal



I was seven years old. I wanted to say something beautiful to my teacher. The most beautiful thing I could think of in that moment was "I wish you were my mother".
They were not the best choice of words! First of all, I did not wish her to be my mother. And secondly, I felt I betrayed my mother even though I didn´t mean what I said. Terrible dilemma for a seven year old. I can still feel how that memory twists inside me.
I cannot for the life of me remember what my teacher replied.

5 comments:

P.K said...

I don't see it as a betrayal, it was the nicest thing that you could think to say as a seven year old, and I am certain that your teacher understood it as such. But it is funny how these things shadow us, I have a few myself.

Agneta said...

Vackra Nina, Du är helt enkelt en ljuvling!! Jag ler när jag läser vad Du skriver och kan nästan påminna mig om liknande företeelser. Just den känslan att man tycker så mycket om någon så att man bara vill leverera godhet och kärlek, alltså till varje pris, och så hoppar en groda ur munnen! UNDERBART!

Kärlek

Agneta

Jacqueline said...

Oh Nina,
As a seven year old, you probably just wanted to please and that was , in your mind at the time, the greatest compliment that you could give her. It didn't mean that you loved your mother any less or anything.
I think that was a lovely thing to say and the greatest compliment that a seven year old could give.
Many thanks for your lovely comment today. XXXX

Cindy Pestka said...

What made you remember that particular memory?

Alma said...

I even think that your mother could have felt it as a compliment: you wanted to make a compliment to your teacher, say something kind and sweet and what comes to your mind at this young age? Your mother! The most precious thing you had at that time!