Sunday, 28 August 2011

Gaslight


I´ve had the most wonderful fun and exciting weekend!
Friday was filled with laughter, dance, great performances and a beautiful warm velvet night spent with dear dear friends.
On saturday me and my friend A drove to Lovisa. A beautiful small town. There was a happening called Loviisan wanhat talot (old/ antique houses of Lovisa) and lots of flea- and antiquemarkets. The town is very charming and many houses have open doors and you can also learn old skills and get advise on how to renovate. We made the same trip today. It has been such fun and we both said it felt as if we had been away on holiday. It is so wonderful to visit places with a friend who shares the same interests. My friend saw when I looked at an old tin at an antiquemarket yesterday, the price for the tin was 70euros and I thought it to be just too much for my budget. Today at a fleamarket A found the same tin but with the lid missing for 15 euros. I bought it emmediately! I also spotted a few vintage paintings for my friend.
I found this old movieposter of Gaslight, an Ingrid Bergman and Charles Boyer film. The film premiered in 1944 so I believe my finnish poster must be fairly old too. It´s huge (1m x 1.5m) and painted on canvas. I hung it in my little toilet.
Now dear A has left and I'm going to have a shower, make a sallad, pour myself a glass of wine and enjoy the lovely company of my cat and my home.

Thank you for your sweet and kind comments. You are the best!!!

1 comment:

akissfromthepast said...

fascinating founds!! i love your poster :)