Thursday, 18 August 2011

Re-framed!

A few weeks ago I told you I had my latest art-purchaise re-framed. As the white frame it had simply did not work on my walls (I sensed it from the start that it wouldn´t work, but I decided to give it a try). It just dissapeared. So what I did was, I took an old shabby frame to have it fitted to the artwork. The girl working in the shop said she had never had a similar order, to replace a new frame with a shabby broken frame - it´s usually the opposite way! But I love the fact that the frame has pieces of gilding missing, it gives character to the frame. And it somehow goes so well with the artwork, in my opinion, it makes it timeless. And that is how I like it. See for yourself.

Before:


After:

3 comments:

countingdandelions said...

i love it. now it's perfect:-)

akissfromthepast said...

its perfect in your way! :D i love it too! its more better in old frames! well..this is my way too :D i dont like new frames.. i dont know why.. but 99% they never can compete the old oneS: D
akissfromthepast.blogpost.com :D

ilovemyhouse said...

Hi dear. I am fine. Just very little inspiration and time to blog. Will start picking it up soon. Thanks for your message it made me realise that blogging is FUN. XX