Sunday, 4 September 2011

Fête

This weekend has been a feast, a loooong long party! On friday I attended the dress rehersal of La cage aux folles at the Helsinki City theatre. My friend is dancing in the production. I have to admit that I am slightly prejudiced with some musicals and farces. So I had very little or no expectations, and ended up clapping hands to the beat and had a great time! I left the theatre with a huuuuge smile on my face and humming the tune for "We are what we are" whilst cykling home. Yesterday I attended the "closing"-party of Ihana kahvila, my favorite café that opened this summer at Kalasatama ex-harbour area. It will resume next summer, but it is farewell for this season. Once again, a beautiful warm autumn night, spectacular view of my city, a great dj, dear friends and we danced for hours under a velvet sky. I simply love dancing! Cykled home with a smile on my face (again!), thinking, this was the summer when there was the Ihana kahvila and how nice it was to cykle out there, to meet up with dear friends. It was always such a pleasure to introduce the café to friends who had never been there or heard of it before. An oasis in my city. Tonight my dear dear friend and father of my godson, P, turns 40. And there is a party. I have been asked to sing, so I shall soon meet up with my friend M to rehears, she will accompany me on piano. There will be so many lovely people, so many dear friends. I have been looking forward to this party for a long time. I predict there will be many glasses raised, smiles, laughter, kisses and hugs, perhaps even a few tears. Happy tears. Have a wonderful sunday dear friends. Above is Jesus that I found at a fleamarket in Lovisa last weekend.

1 comment:

akissfromthepast said...

wonderful event- dancing under the sky and dj! i would danced too, in a way that never danced before! :)
lets dance throw this life!
i like the pic too :D