Wednesday, 16 November 2011

Dream a little

Yesterday I thought, ok, so it is november, the darkest and longest month, why don´t you go easy on yourself! So I did, I decided I will be gentle and kind and not expect myself to have as much energy as in the summer. I go through this every year. It always hits me unexpectedly when we change the clocks to winter-time. It is soooooo dark no wonder it feels blurry and dreamy. So I will just dream a little. Lit lots of candles, drink tea and listen to Koop Island Blues, featuring Ane Brun.

5 comments:

Rinna Pitsiunelma said...

Good plan!

People are always complaining about November, which I tend to take a bit personally since it's my birth month. Yes November is dark and cold, and the fast rhythm of modern life feels very tough in this month, but November is supposed to be the "winding down" month. People should avoid being super productive and trying to achieve things fast in November, it's definitely for drinking hot choco, sitting, thinking, cocooning and burning candles time. That's what nature tells us with 20 hours of darkness days!

ps I love that song too!

linnea-maria said...

Ja jag tänder massor med ljus varje kväll, det blir så mysig stämning. Barnen tycker också om det. Men jag tycker att det är lite tråkigt att det inte har kommit snö än, det längtar jag efter. Kram /Therese

P.K said...

This sounds like a good way to cope with the changes that November brings.

Don said...

Playing some Koop is a great way to ease through November!

akissfromthepast said...

i have the same thing. we are summer children's :) very nice picture here and the lonely garden chair from the older post is so poetical!
valoa elämään :)