Thursday, 1 December 2011

December

Ah bless, it´s finally december. I thought november was a rather heavy month, the darkness got to me. Luckily I have a wonderful job, wonderful colleagues, a loving cat, wonderful friends, yoga, dance and very cosy home. Yesterday I spotted this vintage painting in a charityshop, it´s painted by a very productive finnish painter called Urho Willgren. I believe he painted this in the 30's or 40's. His paintings can often be found in auctions and due to the fact he was very productive, they are not rare to come by and therefor also fairly cheap. This one is missing a frame and was therefor cheaper than cheap. I find it rather charming.

6 comments:

akissfromthepast said...

i like this painting too! very smooth colors, and excellent taste of combine those colors together..

P.K said...

Happy December! Despite the darkness there is so much to look forward to. This is a lovely painting, I like the brush strokes and colours.

Don said...

Did you buy it? I like it.

Nina said...

Yes I bought it, I thought is such a charming painting.

Leena said...

Hi Nina! I landed on your website as I googled for information about Urho Willgren. I also have one of his paintings, a very nice one of country cottage. I find it though very difficult to find any information about U Willgren f ex date of birth and where he lived. Do you know where I could search?
Thanks and regards Leena

Nina said...

Perhaps you could contact some of the auctionhouses that sell his work, they are bound to know more about the artist.
I did find information about him previously, but cannot for the life of me remember where:(