Sunday, 5 February 2012

Electionday



It is election day today.
I was honoured to co-host the Haavisto-folk 2012 event at the culture-factory Korjaamo in Helsinki. Wonderful performances and such warm and friendly and accepting atmosphere. I cried in the taxi on my way home and thought to myself, whatever the outcome may be tonight, we still are all winners. As what we gained from this two week long intensive campaign, is hope. And hope has no skin colour, no age, no size, no gender, no religion, no nationality, no sexual orientation, no political stand. I feel that the community I live in now is different.

I am very proud to be a finn today.

3 comments:

akissfromthepast said...

:) elämme jännitäviä aikoja. peukut ja varpaat on pysytssä ja toivoa täynnä!

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

You are sounding very positive about your country Nina, which is a wonderful thing.
Sounds as if you had a great evening. XXXX

renilde said...

beautiful thoughts Nina, x