Wednesday, 25 April 2012

One of those days...

It has been a fabulous day today, the sun was out and everyone I met mentioned the wonderful weather! Including myself! Then I had a phonecall, it was from a small theatre and they informed me tonights perfomance was cancelled, I was supposed to go and had a reservation for me and my friend M. So I decided to go for a run instead and then I had a sauna.
The photograph above I picked up yesterday at the charityshop. I have looked at it several times in the shop and now I thought maybe she would like to live with me;) I believe a dog has loved her, there are clearly small marks and they look like teeth.

I found this poem, it is so touching.
Wild geese by Mary Oliver, enjoy!

You do not have to be good.
You do not have to walk on your knees
For a hundred miles through the desert, repenting.
You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
Tell me about your despair, yours, and I will tell you mine.
Meanwhile the world goes on.
Meanwhile the sun and the clear pebbles of the rain are moving across the landscapes, over the prairies and the deep trees, the mountains and the rivers.
Meanwhile the wild geese, high in the clean blue air, are heading home again.
Whoever you are, no matter how lonely, the world offers itself to your imagination,
calls to you like the wild geese, harsh and exciting --
over and over announcing your place
in the family of things.

2 comments:

linnea-maria said...

Tack så mycket för din snälla kommentar. Jag förstår faktiskt inte h eller vad folk hade att klaga på mitt utseende. Men när alla andra gick i glassiga pasteller så hade jag svarta hemsydda kläder och var nog ganska stöddig själv (ett sätt att dölja det dåliga självförtroendet). Jag fick en komplimang av min skolsköterska dock, hon hade rykte om sig att ha en hel lägenhet full med kläder :). Vilken underbar bild. Vissa saker fastnar man bara för, går och tittar på dem ända tills man inte kan¨hålla sig längre. Kram

renilde said...

beautiful poem dear Nina, x