Sunday, 6 May 2012

GeeBee

I once had an elderly neighbour whom I used to drink tea with occasionally. She used to tell me small anecdotes. She told me that when she was young GeeBee (our champion boxer Gunnar Bärlund), had walked her home, and in the doorway he had put his arms around her waist. She liked that. She said he had big hands. Well I think he is bound to have big hands, he was a boxer after all. This was before the WWII. It must have been a big thing back then. I still think it is. I pass his statue quite often and look at those big hands, those big strong boxerhands that knocked out their opponent and caressed a young girls waist in a doorway. A long, long time ago.

And isn't this the most appropriate tune for this post.

2 comments:

Cheri said...

What a lovely story! Years I have been looking at this statue from my city apparments windows. We were joking that I shall knit pants for him, he must be freezing at winter time :)

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

A beautiful story Nina ...... it's lovely to listen to others experiences.
Have a lovely Sunday. XXXX