Tuesday, 8 May 2012

Theme



For years I've collected sea and beach-themed stuff in my bathroom. To remind me of the sea and water that I love. I've said it before and I say it again, I'm related to fish! I cannot walk by if I spot a sea-shell in a fleamarket...I have plenty! On the floor I have the larger ones, on the shelves, on the basin...and today I found that tacky ship-in-a-bottle for one euro;)
Helsinki is a seaside town and that was one of the reasons I started kayaking (a long time ago) as I thought it would be a good idea to get to know this city from the sea. I've done some nice exploring along the shores and to the nearby islands.
I've also canoed along the Vantaanjoki river, it is so beautiful! I have a friend coming to stay with me in the summer, I am partly to blame that he fell in love with kayaking as I took him on his first ever kayak tour along the Vantaanjoki river. He now has a few kayaks and can be seen kayaking along the river Dee;)

Above are some sea-themed pics from my bathroom.

No comments: