Thursday, 25 December 2014

Christmas

On christmas eve, we enjoyed a long breakfast and then headed out for a walk. First we took candles to the graveyard. L's grandparents were all remembered with candles and also his first wife's loved ones.
Then we walked to his familys summerhouse, lit a candle and headed down to the sea and walked along the shore, enjoying the beauty of this city we live in.


We then had lunch, I prepared Toast Skagen and we enjoyed some sparkling wine.

After lunch we started to prepare for the evening, our first christmas  together and our first christmas in my house.
We listened to christmas-music and were ready when we had a knock on the door at exactly 5p.m. Our guest K arrived.
We enjoyed plenty of fish in all forms (raw, marinated, smoked, sill) and as I do not eat meat (luckily L does not care for meat much either) we had plenty of veggie dishes in all forms.


Above is the christmas-bouquet.
After desert we had coffee and cakes and chocolate and some port. And then, we heard a knock on the door. We weren't expecting anyone, so it took some time for us to run to the door. When we opened, we found a sack on the steps. It was father Christmas who had left a whole bunch of pressies for all of us!

After dinner L walked K home, they stopped by the graveyard to look at the sea of candles. Their friendship goes way back, to their childhood.

I made a fire and waited for L to return. We then enjoyed some mulled wine in candlelight.

Once again, I am grateful for everything. We had a wonderful christmas!

I received so many gifts! Books, mittens, a calender to hang on the wall, an antique kitchenscale, dotted lacecurtain...THANK YOU!

Today, on christmasday, we again had a loooooong breakfast, then we snoozed for a while. The sunny weather was so inviting so we got dressed and took a long walk.
We stopped for lunch at L's house and when we walked back to my house, we were surrounded by this magical light. Impossible to catch on camera, this is just a few hundred meters from my house.


After dinner L suggested we go to the movies to see The Hobbit. I live just around the corner from our local cinema. What an excellent movie for christmas-day, hih!

Now I shall read and sleep. I also need to finish off my christmas-gift for L. I had knitted a hat, which was ready for christmas. But the scarf needs another 10cm.

Enjoy! Love to all!


No comments: