Saturday, 2 May 2015

Valborg, long weekend, buns and necklaces

We celebrated Valborg with our friends Ruth, Marko, Paula and Timo and their adorable children at Café Saltbodan. Obviously many of our other friends were there, as it was the seasonal-opening for our favorite local summer restaurant. Many glasses of Cava was raised and we were happy. Ruth and Marko invited us to their home to continue the evening, but we decided to cykle home as L was due to fly to Sweden in the morning. I miss him. I have been humming to this, but cannot sing it out loud as my tears start to fall...hih, I'm in love...

I worked most of yesterday, with some fun and interestng projects I'm involved in. So me and Kaisa worked in her lovely studio during the day. On my way home I cykled to the shore and sat for a while on a bench and looked out at the sea and felt this is where I belong. My favorite café, Tuhannen tuskan kahvila, opened yesterday. The café is only open during the summer. So I popped by and sat in the garden enjoying some applejuice and a lovey bun.



Today it is grey and it's raining, so a perfect day to continue work.

THIS is a very good social experiment. People do care when they know. I have often wondered who these people are who buy their clothes from cheap markets and  never question the origin of their cheap garments. Do they not know? Or do they not care? I am involved in the Fashion revolution, please join in as we can make a difference and we can afford to buy clothes that are not made by slaves or under awful conditions.

Why do we need a fashion revolution? Because, on 24 April 2013, 1133 people died in the Rana Plaza catastrophe in Dhaka, Bangladesh. A further 2500 were injured. They were killed while working for familiar fashion brands in one of the many ‘accidents’ that plague the garment industry.

Be curious, find out, do something.


I had lost one of my favorite necklaces by Pilgrim, I seldom loose things, but for some reason this necklace has gone missing. So guess how happy I was when I stumbled upon the exact same necklace at the local fleamarket the other day. It only cost a few euros (I think I payed something closer to 40 when I bought it years ago) so I decided to buy it and here it is, around my neck.



2 comments:

Mijaan said...

I agree completely! I'm with you there, about what sort of people who purchase cheap garments without ever thinking about fair trading. Often it is easy, these huge markets offer extremely cheap products and they are excellent in making people want to buy, even if their prime intention never was to purchase anything...and even then many do not stop to think. They often laugh it off and ease their guilt by selling off stuff (the same sort of cheap garments) at fleamarkets or give to charity...and they are in trouble as nobody wants this sort of garbage!

G:a Affären said...

Först tänkte jag; stackare som tappat det fina halsbandet....men vilken tur du hade som hittade ett likadant! Det var nog meningen.
Kramar /Cia