Thursday, 25 June 2015

Cobblestone project

So that is all I can think of and talk about and plan and do and dream and write about... Well luckily it hasn't gone that far. Yet.
This is how far I got yesterday. Today L helped me get some more stones. He is the kindest. So tomorrow I can continue...


I am very pleased with the outcome. It is all natural stone, so the sizes vary, some are rather big and quite deep in the soil. I think this sort of cobblestone suits my garden better than the new cobblestones that are often very similar in size.

One small step towards one of my dreams...I have always been weak for small gardens with cobblestone and lilacs. When in Gothenburg, I had to stop at every gate and sigh and fill my heart and soul with all the beautiful inner gardens, all covered in, yes, cobblestone and with lilacs. Those images never left me. And here I am, many years later, my garden is surrounded with lilacs and now there shall be cobblestone too. I want to sit on a bench with my darling, hold his hand and hum to any of his favorite songs and look at him closing his eyes as he listens to my humming...

But first I need to finish the project!


3 comments:

Cheri said...

Upea mukulakivitasanne. Minäkin pidän noista enemmän kuin laatoituksista.

G:a Affären said...

Vilket projekt, men det blir så fint och dessutom mjukt att gå på. Singel eller annat grus är jag ingen vän av. Kullersten och syrener låter som en vacker kombination!

Kramar /Cia

Temps Perdu said...

Jag är såååå nöjd! Men det tar tid. Och det skall få ta tid. Rom byggdes inte på en dag, så inte min gård heller, hih!
Och härligt att förverkliga drömmar. Vissa drömmar skall man ju inte förverkliga, utan de skall bara bli som något en drömmer om, men vissa är det värt att sikta på, och förverkliga. I sinom tid. I sinom tid.