Friday, 16 October 2015

Lov-aid and addiction

HERE is a poster for an upcoming charity consert I've had the honour of participating in. Unfortunately I am unable to attend myself. But I really recommend this event, the team behind it is wonderful, the artists absolutely fantastic! I know for sure this consert will be wonderful and warm, please join us. A warm welcome!






And then on to a completely different subject. Addiction. During the week I posted THIS article on fb. So many people commented, as they thought it was an eyeopener for them. And it also made many feel saddened. It sparkled of some good conversation reagarding the outcome of this sort of addiction. Many predicted this addiction will lead to many more divorces. As couples drift away from each other- this is an easy escape (for the lazy especially!) when real life encounter, especially in relationships, need presence. In fact it is a necessity. And the effort is needed from both counterparts. If the other chooses to close you off, choose to escape to a virtual reality instead of spending time with you, there's very little you can do.
Some commented they had friends who complained their spouses were far more interested in the virtual world than real everyday life with them. And that for some it mattered if a hotel had Wi-Fi, when choosing a hotel for a common holiday. One couple had split up after a common holiday, as the husband had felt so terribly dissapointed that his wife needed to update her blog during their holiday. Because apparenlty she updated on daily basis and he had thought that this holday would make them re-connect again. I have heard of similar amongst my friends. I think I would feel let down too, if my darling would choose to spend time virtually whilst we were on holiday together.

But look at the expressions on their faces. The way they keep their heads down. This must have an impact on how you feel. None of them look happy. Is this what we look like, in the blue light? Most probably.
The kids. Oh my. I have heard kids don't learn to speak as parents don't communicate with them anymore. Kids also miss out on the encounter needed for emotional growth. That makes me even sadder. This must have a larger impact on us humans, the turning away from each other, looking down...
Some commented this is due to laziness. That because we are lazy we choose to be social virtually instead of having to deal with the demands of real encounter. That this is the same laziness as can be seen everywhere else in the world. The lion does not hunt for food unless it is hungry. But what hunger has the human for real life encounters? And what will this sort of laziness in humans degenerate into? Fascinating and also scary. I also think about what level of understanding this leads to. How people often read and interpret whatever they themselves want to, and misunderstand the point of context, when only opposed to written and not spoken communication. I know many persons whom never argue and never communicate in a dialogue, unless they can write their reply, as they feel insecure to talk about their personal things. They edit their written reply, but at the same time, they edit out all that makes them loveable and humans. They edit out insecurity and vulnerability. This often leaves the other person left out, as there is only statements, monologues but no dialogue. In order to communicate, on a deeper level, you need to show your insecurity, your vulnerability, let the other person hear and feel as you speak.

I am happy I can turn of my phone. Luckily I don't need to be online daily. With this I do not want to come out as a better human, I am not. I am just trying to be aware and challenge my own addictions. That is why I during my holiday in Greece in august, chose to not log onto internet at all. It was great. I did it later the next month. And I shall continue to do so, as to challenge myself.

No comments: