Wednesday, 30 December 2015

The year is soon coming to its end...


...and I want to thank you all.

It has been a good year, with its ups and downs, the way it is supposed to be I suppose.
I am not giving any new years resolutions, I like myself the way I am and I'm definitely not going to jump on the self-hatred wagon...I hope all of you can resist it too! Lets try loving ourselves instead.
Here is a very good read about how self-hatred is at its most just after new year, it is good for the cosmetics and dieting industry, but hey, life is far too short to be wasted on feeding your low self-esteem.

So, Happy New Year 2016! Spread good and spread love!

Added later. I read this maybe a year ago and even posted it here on the blog. Worth a repeat!!!! Words by Anne Lamott: 
"Oh my God, what if you wake up some day, and you’re 65, or 75, and you never got your memoir or novel written; or you didn’t go swimming in warm pools and oceans all those years because your thighs were jiggly and you had a nice big comfortable tummy; or you were just so strung out on perfectionism and people-pleasing that you forgot to have a big juicy creative life, of imagination and radical silliness and staring off into space like when you were a kid? It’s going to break your heart. Don’t let this happen."

1 comment:

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Wishing you a wonderful 2016 ..... may it be a happy, healthy and peaceful one.
I never make New Years resolutions either !! XXXX