Monday, 14 December 2015

Traditional Christmas Homes and Lucia



This weekend was the last Traditional Christmas Homes -event weekend. I had so many guests. All so wonderfully kind and respectful and just simply wonderful!


Yesterday three old friends arrived, I had not expected them to turn up, so I burst out in tears, so happy was I! Kiitos Anna, Anna ja Anu! Olette rakkaita ja ihania ystäviä!

I have received messages over facebook, from people who visited, who felt they wanted to thank me once more for opening the doors to my home.

One message in particukar, made me feel very humble. A woman I told that I am aware I am living my dream, and many others too. And I shall treasure that! Sorry for blowing my own trumpet, I just thought I have to share these wonderful words, just imagine how it makes me feel when I receive such praise and thanks. I have said it before, I say it again, I am blessed. And yes, I am living my dream.

"Tack för besöket idag! Jag är helt i ett lyckorus! Jag gillade ditt fina, mysiga hem med fantastiska detaljer! Sitter och njuter av bilderna jag knäppte. Min dröm är också ett litet hus med vedspis -ger inte upp, vet dock inte hur och när det ska bli... Rosendörren min absoluta favorit! Tänker bara vilken känsla att få öppna den varje morgon!! Du gav mig så mycket inspiration, glädje, lycka, hopp, tro! All lycka och glädje i ditt drömhus!"

My fast translatiton:
"Thank you for the visit today! I am in total bliss! I liked your nice, cozy home with fabulous details! Now I sit and enjoy the photos I snapped. My dream is also a small house with a wood stove - I shall not give up, I don't know how nor when it will be ... The rosedoor is my absolute favorite! I just imagine what a feelingit is must be to open it every morning !! You gave me so much inspiration, joy, happiness, hope, faith! I wish you all the happiness and joy in your dream home!




Later in the evening, we enjoyed the crowning of our local Lucia. Pardon my extremely bad photos. My mobile is really not very good...

This years's Lucia is in fact a former student of mine, and I was so proud. She is a wonderful soul, a perfect Lucia. 
After the crowning we all gathered in our church and enjoyed a beautiful Lucia procession with plenty of beautiful song.

And we finished the wonderful evening by enjoying a delicious meal.

Be happy happy, feel joy joy!


No comments: