Saturday, 6 February 2016

Weekend

I found this lovely card on the internet, I placed a bid on it and won. I was the only bidder;) So the card found it's way to its new home in less than 3 days and yesterday me and my mister took a stroll in a fleamarket and I found this frame for it. It is not vintage, but suits the picture very well. This particular card would be classified as fetish, as it only features legs in stockings.



I have a vast collection of french cards, from around the 1920's. French cards are erotic, usually topless women pictured in boudoirs. Most of the women pictured are prostitutes from that era. Even though the french cards are very romantic, many of the girls smile and play in front of the camera, but the life of a prostitute in France back then was as far from romantic and fun, as the sun is from the moon!
This would look great in a shop for vintage clothing, a stilleben with a pair of black vintage stockings, maybe a pair of vintage shoes and roses and pearls and an antique perfume bottle...

And here is a french song by the lovely Lucienne Boyer, Parlez-Moi D'Amour, if you want to get in the mood, hih!

Wishing you a lovely weekend! Love, love, love!

No comments: