Tuesday, 1 March 2016

So it finally happened

A coupe of years ago, I noticed a man walking in town. I met him daily and everywhere. Many times a day did I see him walking past my house, when I was working in the garden. I heard rumours about him. I heard nasty and also very sad rumours about him. I heard rumours about his wife, she suddenly appeared. I heard rumours about their children beeing taken into custody. And they walked.
I hate rumours. I hate when people have no chance to control what is beeing said about them. So I almost immediately started to say hello whenever I met them. The wife sometimes replied, and she was always very surprised. But she always looked at me. Today was the second time the man greeted me even before I had a chance to say hello. And he looked at me. I don't need to know him, nor his wife. Who they are or what they do or what brings them here, it is none of my business. But I surely am not going to judge anyone before I have my own reasons to.

We met at the flea market where I picked up this old barometer&thermometer. I have been looking at it for a while, so today I just thought, well, why not, I love to talk weather. Like most of us do. Like this fella who walks perhaps also does. Who knows.




No comments: