Sunday, 1 May 2016

Finally!

On friday me and my mister flew to Stockholm for the weekend. It was time for my mister to claim his Christmas present. Finally! And have we waited? YES!

We walked to our hotel from the Centralstationen. We had booked two nights at the ever so cozy and charming Victory hotel in Gamla stan. We were both pleased with our stay. It was the perfect location for all our activities.
We enjoyed pancakes for breakfast, with fresh berry shots, smoothies and fruit juices. Perfect café au lait and such friendly staff. The rooms are really comfy and quiet, with spacious bathrooms and wonderful beds. All the rooms also have that little extra, some antiques and antique rugs. What I loved most in our room was this fab chandelier!


As we stayed in lovely Gamla stan (the old town), the streetview from our room was also wonderful, just look at this street lantern.



On friday evening we found our way to the Tele2 Arena, to see Adele in consert. Over 30 000 people in the audience. I have never been to such a massive venue. I somehow managed to purchase tickets to her concert! And bought our flight tickets almost immediately after. And that is how the idea of a luxury-weekend in Stockholm came about, and I manged to keep it a secret from my mister, until he opened his present on Christmas eve.

The concert was just magic. Here is one of my absolute favorites, Set fire to the Rain. I can't believe we even got to enjoy it live. Here I have just arrived...





On saturday it was such a beautiful day, we walked about and in the afternoon met my misters family. We had trad. shrimp on toast and coffee at a lovely café, or rather a taditional patisserie, called Vetekatten. We then strolled towards Gamla stan and took farewell and see you soon!

In the evening we walked to Söder, to Krukmakaregatan. I had booked a table at the ever so lovely Delicatessen bistro. We both decided to skip starters and had delicious pollock-fish for main course. I enjoyed sparkling wine and my mister had a beer. For desert L had french toast, which he absolutely loved and I chose chocolate with a sweet dessert wine, that I cannot remember the name of, hih!
So many times I have walked past the bistro and thought, oh my, it sure looks inviting, but have not dined there previously. So now I also got to make a dream come true, and in the company of my darling!
The music is wonderful, the air and the interior of the old fire station, well, I was sooooo happy I got to enjoy it! 
Please google Delicatessen bistro bar for pictures, it is a real treat. What we noticed, or actually my mister pointed it out, that the staff really seem to enjoy their jobs there, you can sense it. The guys in the bar for ex. seemed so happy!


This charmer looked after our coats.
And in the background the sweetest ever waiter.

We then walked along the beautiful streets of Söder, looked at the lovely old houses and the sea.
We are privileged to enjoy such a good life. I know I can speak for the both of us.

Stockholm is a wonderful destination for a weekend get-away or luxury-weekend. I have lived in Stockholm in the 90´s, I still love going back to visit.

Tack Stockholm! Tack älskade för ett underbart veckoslut! God Jul!

No comments: