Saturday, 25 June 2016

Midsummer

Oh how lovely this time of year is.

I have had the pleasure to have a few friends visit. It is so nice to show my favorite places in my hometown. I usually take my friends for lunch to a restaurant called Sakura. It is our friends who keep the restaurant, they serve delicious lunch. I usually dien here myself many times a week, so it is a natural choice.
When my friend Riitta came to visit on wednesday, we had coffee and cake in the garden of Tuhannen tuskan kahvila after lunch. My favorite café in town. We both had delicious chocolate cake. I cannot describe in words how delicious it was, ah bless! I came home with plenty of cuttings from Leena's garden. Leena is hostess of the café. And has become an important person in my life, due to her being the first person I learned to know when I first moved here.

Now is midsummer. My brother is visiting. Yesterday we had sill and potatoes for starters and Toast Skagen as main course. We  enjoyed a blueberry cake (I had ordered it from a fabulous baker!) during the day, so we thought we might not be up for too much sweets later, so I served mint chocolate with coffee for desert. We enjoyed a bottle of french sparkling wine, and felt very content.
Later in the evening we cykled down to the shore and had a few beers and danced to a live band.



Wishing you all a happy midsummer!
Love! And love even more!

No comments: