Friday, 8 July 2016

...of small creatures

Living in a house, also means dealing with small creatures. Like wasps, flies, butterflies and birds that like to find their way indoors...
During the week yet another previously unknown cat was found strolling around inside. Luckily the doors to where my precious Muru was sleeping, were closed. I don't even want to imagine what sort of a fight there might have been had they met...
When I moved here in 2014, I saw a small creature outdoors. I thought it was a hedgehog, my favorite animal. But then I saw the tail! It had a loooooooooooong tail and hedgehogs don't have tails. I came to realize that a monster lived in my garden.  According to my survey (read google) it turned out to be a rat! I  could no longer place my feet on the ground! A week later when I was about to cykle to work, I saw it dead on the ground. I was in a hurry, so I decided to leave the dead rat on the  ground (it was huuuuuge) and take care of it after work. When I came home the dead rat was gone! I was in agony. So many questions! Was it perhaps only pretending to be dead in order to awaken my sympathy? Or had it awaken from the dead?
It was most likely killed by one of the many cats that like to hang out in my garden and eaten... yak!

A small detail of my large antique mirror that now has been released from two years in storage. My renovation is taking huge leaps now.
Wishing you all a wonderful weekend! Love!

No comments: