Thursday, 18 August 2016

A combination of...

...a slightly weatherworn (aka dirty) window and a very special light just before it got very dark at sea. I took this picture through one of the windows in our cabin. We took the ferry over to Sweden.
The outcome was a spectacular landscape. Something similar to those old paintings of ships, the ones that can be found at markets and such.


Last week I had a phonecall from my local hardware store. My lists had arrived. Before I had a chance to say anything, the voice on the phone asked if I was home. I replied that I was indeed at home, so the voice on the phone told me to stay put, he would be there within ten minutes (he quickly explained that he was going for lunch and could drop off my lists at my home on his way). Have I told you I am spoiled? Well if I haven't I'll tell you now. I am. A very spoiled human here hello!
So yesterday I bought some flowers and bottle of my favorite sparkling wine and thanked the kindest staff there ever was! The flowers to the whole bunch of lovely peeps working there, they always greet me friendly ( a few weeks ago when I visited, they asked if something has happened as I seemed so different, apparently not as cheerful as usual. Well, that was the day I had just received the news that my dear friend and former colleague had passed away after a hard struggle with cancer. I told them I was just in my thoughts. I haven´t written about it here, as I do not find the right words to describe my sorrow. But this tells how wonderful they are, they dare to ask when they see all is not as it should be)  and the bottle of my favorite sparkling wine to this lovely guy, who suddenly decided to deliver my list to my door.

I feel a need to clarify that in my town I receive friendly and good service everywhere I go! I also try remember to give thanks and give feedback where I feel there is reason to. So last week and this week I have done that. Given feedback and thanks.

Last week I wrote a messages to my local shop where I purchase my groceries. I love it that their staff is always so kind and friendly, they have a great assortment of products, if something cannot be found, they always make sure I can have it within a few days. The staff always have time to exchange a few friendly words. This is the reason I prefer small shops to the big markets where you are often anonymous.
I also sent a thank you message to one of the owners of a restaurant I often visit, they have very friendly staff, good venues and great food. I thought why not let them know I am a pleased customer. Obviously they know it because I return, but sometimes it is vital to hear it or read it.

So why don't you give thanks as well? If you have received kind service and you are pleased, let them know! We all need feedback for the work we do.

A kind word means the world sometimes, so be sure to spread them and love!

No comments: