Wednesday, 10 August 2016

Ah bless!

I am truly blessed with wonderful friends!

On sunday my friends Nina and Peik called and asked if I wanted to accompany them for an outing to a nearby farm called Kycklings, in Lappträsk. Of course I wanted! It was the national open gardens -day.
What a fascinating visit. We met Gun-Britt Husberg, who is the gardener and the heart and energy behind the big project of mapping trad.plants in the region. Mostly apple trees, they have over 80 different species.  What a creative and passionate soul! And what amazing work they have manged to do. This is cultural heritage.
Here is a link to an article in swedish, you can also see pictures of many of the other plants they have planted and also found on the farm.
I was so taken by the visit I forgot to take pictures! Here are a few, the first one is of an appletree that is there for pollination,  the second of the ruins of a barn and the third of a clematis on the stonewall in bloom.









Later in the afternoon when I was back home, there was a knock on the door and my dear neighbor Sanne came to visit. She has taken care of my cat whist I've been away on holiday. She is a peach! We drank coffee and laughed so much I again almost fell of the chair! We have the same humor and we share the same interest in upcycling/ recycling things. She and her family have renovated a wonderful house.

In the evening my friends Oona and Jarna called and invited me for tea, they live downtown in a lovely old wooden house. There we sat in their kitchen, drinking tea and chatting away. When it turned night I cycled home, feeling so totally blessed with friends! How boring my life would be without these wonderful people in my life!

Thank you!

Love and love even more!

No comments: