Tuesday, 25 October 2016

Kusudama flower with a message

I am holding an origami short-course in the weekend, we are folding kusudama flowers of old books and I wanted to create a few versions to show what you can do with old books. You need of course to know what book you are using, in order to be able to plan.
I used a broken french dictionary and cut out the pages that had words describing my relationship. Hih! This can be done as a gift to your partner, your lover, your friend, your family, well, anyone. Or why not give a kusudama flower as a gift to someone you secretly fancy, see if the receiver can crack the code..
Go through the dictionary and pick out the pages that have words that you are looking for. You need five petals per flower, so you need to pick five words on five pages.
And then remember to keep the word you want to be visible, facing you through all the folding stages.
I picked words like belle, amour, sympathique, sentir and tressaillir, just because our love really makes me go all bananas and I still have butterflies in my tummy and I do shiver of sheer delight!



If you live in Lovisa or nearby, there are still a few places left for the course on saturday. Get in touch with MI and join us, I promise it will be fun and you will come home with a bunch of pretty kusudama flowers. To give away or decorate your table for the upcoming x-mas season...

No comments: