Wednesday, 31 May 2017

Crazy garden updates

So while I was laying cobblestone on sunday, I was thinking about the rest of the front garden, the cobblestone I managed to get hold of, will not cover the whole front garden and it is hard to come by. The cobblestone that is sold in gardencentres is not the natural stone that I prefer in my garden. Plus, it is very expensive. So, I had this little idea that grew into a BIG idea. The following morning I texted my darling saying that he might well think I have gone bananas, but I will ask permission to take some concrete slabs from the same place where I dig up cobblestone a few weeks ago (the school that is going to be dismantled).

I am happy to be dating a person who does not shoot down my ideas. So I received a reply saying "I am crazy in love with you!".
So I made a phonecall, got permission to take as many as I need.

Yesterday I carried oh so terribly heavy slabs. I realised I will not manage to do it myself, so I received help from a friend. Tusen tack Niklas. Then later when my mister had arrived home from Helsinki, he helped me carry even more. Tack älskade! And then my darling L's dear father turned up as a saving angel, to help carry the remaining 9 slabs as I had run out of strength. Tack Bengt!

Now my garden is full of slabs. I will work on the ground later in the summer, to make it even and possibly have more rubble if needed. But, that is for laters. Now I just leave them as they are. I have some cobblestone to lay first! I really like these concrete slabs, they are big in size, 50cm x 50cm and covered in small round rubble.


It will become really nice once they are in place and I can tidy the sides.
Some may wonder why on earth my front garden is in such a state, well, it is the result of digging up the whole garden when I had water, electricity and drains drawn to my house. This is a picture from almost exactly 3 years ago, taken from the same spot as the picture above was taken this morning.
A huuuuuge difference. I also I have a shed in the garden nowadays.


The slabs are truly heavy, and my body is aching today. I even had a small accident while carrying the slabs, one of the slabs fell on my arm, I had just manged to dig it up, was about to carry it and I lost my grip and this is the outcome:

 The bruise is huuuuuge. Grateful nothing else happened as the slabs are so extremely heavy. But it was a sign my strength had run out, to become careless like that.

No physical work today, it is vital to rest aswell.

Take care my dear friends. Remember to think gentle thoughts and to be kind, to yourself and others. Love.

No comments: